Crossroads’ philosophy is all about providing the highest quality of care and loving attention to dogs in our care. We have a great reputation for doing just that! We are a group of energetic and motivated people who love what we do and are looking for other like-minded, high-quality people to join our team. We offer exciting opportunities that will challenge your abilities, expand your skills and reward your contributions.
Energetic animal lovers.
Committed to life long learning.
Dedicated to integrity and honesty.
“Can-do” optimists who make things happen.
Excited about change and opportunities to advance. Team players who go the extra mile for themselves, the pets, their team, and our community.
(see job descriptions below)
- Part-time opportunity (25+ hours per week) in a Pet Care position. Could develop into full-time for the right individual.
- Senior Trainer – Part time. At least two years previous hands-on experience; well-versed in learning theory terminology and application. Clicker-savvy, positive reinforcement based only. Requires Mondays through Friday.
- Guest Relations – 25+ hours per week 1 year customer service experience + computer literate
Complete all items below to be considered for employment:
2: Hiring Interview (upon invitation)
3: Working Interview (upon invitation)
Only online applications will be accepted. Please email application or resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. (Website temporarily unavailable)
ABOUT THE JOB WE DO
Pets in our facility must be cared for promptly, every day. The facility is staffed 365 days a year and is exceptionally busy during summer and major holidays. All staff are expected to work some weekends and all holidays.
As a Pet Care Attendant you are involved with all of the day-to-day activities. You are key to making sure that each pet gets everything they need to insure our guests have a great stay while their owners are away. As the primary contact person with our dog guests, you are responsible for:
- Making sure every guest is comfortable, happy and receiving all of the services that an owner requests.
- Maintaining the daily duties and in a timely manner.
- Closely monitoring the health and wellness of every guest.
- Communicating clearly with our leadership team.
- Feeding guests, and keeping detailed records of our guest’s entire stay.
- Maintaining the highest level of cleanliness in all areas of our facility, play yards and outdoor dog patios.
- Exercising guests and supervising play groups
- Making sure every guest goes home clean, happy and that we exceeded the owners’ expectation.
- Experience is not necessary; however a genuine love for animals is a must, as is a positive attitude and outstanding character.
- Must be able to handle dogs of all sizes without being afraid of them and without allowing them to control you, but also without the use of fear or intimidation.
- Must be in good physical condition, able to squat, stoop, bend, lift, stand for up to 2 hours, lift up to 50 lbs. and do a lot of walking.
- Must be willing to maintain the highest standards in cleanliness and not be bothered by picking up animal waste. There are opportunities for advancement if you excel.
- High School diploma or equivalent
- You Are Dependable – you are always a few minutes early for work and you consider yourself late if you are on time. You look forward spending your day with dogs. Our staff knows they can count on you to do whatever it is you are assigned and do it correctly and beyond expectation. You do not call out of work.
- You Love the Details – As part of a team, you want to make sure each guests’ needs are met. You noticed the details necessary to make our guest’s stay the best it can be.
- You Are a Team Player – you want the best for the dogs that are staying with us and work as a team member to get that accomplished. You add to the conversation and brainstorm with fellow staff on ways to make the experience more enriching.
- You Are a Goal-Setter – you feel that accomplishing goals is key to success. We have educational opportunities and areas in which you can grow as you expand your experience in the pet care field.
- You have an excellent work history and references
We’re a privately-owned and operated pet care facility focused on a single mission: To be THE name in pet dog training, boarding, grooming, and doggie daycare in Southern California as a result of our honest business dealings with clients and employees, reliable and quality service with a commitment to cleanliness and order, courteous and knowledgeable staff, and a reputation for “caring deeply” about the animals in our care and the people who love them. To recognize that our commodities are boarding and training, but our products are peace of mind and successful human/pet relationships.
Every day we get to do a job we love and contribute to helping pets and their owners. From providing inspiration to dog parents who need it; helping customers learn how to change the course of their relationship with their dogs without force; educating the dog owner how to speak “dog”, – improving the relationship between dog and owner is the goal for us. It’s why we do what we do. We know that our work can change and enrich the lives of pets and their owners . We work together to create “raves” for our clients. Everyone on the team is responsible for bringing new ideas, perspectives and solutions to the table. Starting with day one, we want your voice as part of the conversation.
Pay depends on experience. We want the best and are willing to pay for it! We don’t hire to just fill a job, rather we take our time looking for the right people. If you are just looking for a job, you won’t like it here. But, if you know without a doubt that you are a fit, let’s talk.
Step 1: Read Our Strategic Vision
Step 2: Fill out our form Job Application Form